Friday 9 March 2012

My Editing Experience

Okay so on Friday 9th March, I was further editing our opening called 'Last Stop'. In terms of editing I mean like finding sound, editing, adding titles, and so on. To be honest, I found this highly stressful and I think my heart stopped beating numerous amount of times as well as my blood pressure and cholesterol and so on; hopefully it was worth it though.

First of all, seeing as how we hadn't exactly completely finished added in titles and credits; I decided that that's where I'll start. We were told that we needed a minimum of at least 8 titles, which were to be: Produced by, Directed by, Staring, Casting, Music, Photography and the name of our opening. As the original font that we chose was not really suitable and didn't give our opening any justice as it was too fancy, we decided to change it. The font got changed to 'Cracked' and in the colour of white as it was felt that this will add to the creepy scary atmosphere that was hoped to create.

The Title

Moving on to the sound for our actual opening. As we didn't have any sound, it took FOREVER to find the suitable sound that will accompany our opening. After raiding 'Creative Commons' (which was useless to be honest) we decided to just stick to what we know and use 'SoundTrack Pro'. After listening to numerous sounds and categories, I found certain sounds that would do our opening justice. Sounds that were not too dramatic and over the top, but still built up suspense and tension. However, we chose to keep in some of the natural sounds (for instance the train) as it could be classified as 'Foley sounds' and it suited in with the opening perfectly fine. We tried to record another 'Foley sound' of breathing but that sort of failed as it was not in sync and it was hard to recreate it. 

Adding in Sound
Listening to Sounds
Adding Sound Again


No comments:

Post a Comment