Thursday 8 March 2012

Evaluation Of Rough Cut

We produced a rough draft of our opening which is labelled as 'Rough Cut'. To be perfectly honest at the beginning I really didn't like it as it wasn't exactly what we planned as we made some last minute alterations.

Direct Eye Contact
However there are certain features of the clip so far that I like. Starting at the very beginning, I like the establishing shots that we added as I felt that it sets the scene for the clip and makes it clear to the audience that we are at a train station (hence the signposts). I also like the way that the clips have been edited so that when I am first introduced to the opening, its in between two clips of the train. I think that this specific edit creates a more eery atmosphere and is more appealing to the naked eye. Also, I like the fact that when I am first shown, the camera angle used makes it scarier as it starts with a sort of mid shot and then its a close up with direct eye contact.

There are a few alterations to be made as our opening at this point in time is not exactly perfect. For instance, a few more establishing shots could be added that will help to create a more serene angelic vibe. This will then contrast with the piece of action that is about to take place. In addition, I think that maybe (this is a bit far fetched) we could re-film in perhaps a darker light. This would just add to the vibe in making it more scary, however, as the time is drawing is an end i dont think it will be possible.

Hopefully, once we have proper edited it and polished it up, the clip as a whole will flow more and this will enable us to achieve our best grade possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment